Not TODAY! On my daughter’s birthday! Anytime but now … Thanks heaven nothing happened to me! I can always replace Zelda by Accident Removal , my sweet little car, a hunk of metal, even if she is a loving extension of my molecules in this quantum universe of ours, I always talk to her nicely, and patiently, as she got older with many many more miles on her …
But me, I am irreplaceable for my kids and family.
It happened, too late, next time I have to listen more to my uncle, who always says:
“You have to always watch other drivers more than yourself, and never forget, eye contact with the other driver can save your life.”
Boy he was always right, even when my teenage ego said otherwise, in the old days, when I felt I know everything about anything …
But today, I stick to my favorite quote:
“As long as you care, nothing can go wrong.”
I guess I have to re read my favorite book:
How to deal with a car accident:
- Turn on your hazard light blinkers.
- Call the Lancaster Police ASAP, even if it’s a minor accident, especially if repairs will be required.
- Make sure no one is hurt.
- Get out of your car very cautiously, only if there are no cars coming.
- Get out of your car, especially at night, when visibility is limited, and stay secure at the side of the road.
- Look for witnesses. Get their phone numbers.
- Exchange information with the other driver.
- Tell the police what happened, tell the truth.
- File a claim with your insurance company.